Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Dance - Day 365

As I labored through the day, little thought was given to just how momentous this day really was. Today was August 6, 2010. A Friday. The beginning of the weekend. The finish line. The attainment of a goal. Day 365 in a year of blogging. A year that brought me closer to my friends and family. A year filled with self discovery and realization of a dream. The day I gave out my first Heartsong Cookies business card.

Day 365 was a day filled with work frustration one minute and a relaxing dinner with Mike the next. It was a microcosm of the last year. A roller coaster ride of highs and lows. And I wouldn't trade one moment of the whole experience. I owe it all to a challenge issued by my son Ryan. He told me there was NO WAY I would blog for a full year. Well Ryan, this blog is for you. I know you rarely read it, but maybe someday you will pull it out when you need a dose of your goofy mom.

The epiphany I hoped would bring a resolution to the blog never came. I have absolutely no idea if tomorrow will bring Posting Day 366 or if Heartsong Cookies will win my attention. All I do know is that it is time for the Happy Dance of all Happy Dances.

Thanks for joining me for the ride of my life.

Many, many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: