Monday, August 2, 2010

It Worked! - Day 361

Dinner tonight was simple fare at its best. Barbecue Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizza, Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Flatbread Pizza and a salad. The crust was about as easy as it gets...a new find from Costco. It is better than any Boboli crust I have ever had. Not too thick or too thin with a made from scratch taste. I topped one with a little barbecue sauce, some of the leftover pulled pork from last night, a few handfuls of Italian blend shredded cheese and a sprinkling of Parmesan. The second was topped with Ragu Pizza Sauce, slices of fresh mozzarella, more Italian blend shredded cheese and a parm sprinkle. They both were popped in a 400 F oven for about 18-20 minutes. Each rectangular shaped crust yields about 8 small slices. Mike and I tried two of each and still have enough for lunch or dinner tomorrow.

Feeling pretty cocky after my pizza success, it was time to try my hand at another batch of homemade chocolate ice cream. Undaunted by last night's failure, I dove into another batch. This time I waited until the very last minute to remove the freezer bowl from the freezer. After the machine ran for about 20 minutes, I added sliced strawberries, chocolate chips and toasted pecans at Mike's request. The goodies took a ride for about another five minutes, then headed for the freezer to
"cure". I was full of pizza, but Mike was ready to tackle the ice cream. I scooped up a bowl after only 45 minutes in the freezer. The consistency was still not real firm, but extremely creamy and rich. Mike have it a thumbs up. Yahoo...it worked. Thanks Michael, for a wonderful early birthday present! With my ice cream craving husband, it will definitely get a lot of use.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: