Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love Always - Day 362

Work today was filled with tedious computer work...definitely not my idea of fun. But tonight more than made up for it. Maddie and I fixed a pretty tasty dinner considering the centerpiece of the meal was a bowl of ramen noodles accompanied by a salad and slices of fresh nectarine. My brother joined us for dessert...a cup of the homemade chocolate, strawberry, chocolate chip, pecan ice cream I made the night before. After hanging out overnight in the freezer, the ice cream was pretty darn good. Michael doesn't even like chocolate ice cream and he devoured the cup in record time. After dessert I showed him my plans for displaying the cookies at the farmers market. He approved. I want my booth to stand out in the crowd and I definitely think I am on my way.

My friend Carolyn asked me to bake a large cookie for her anniversary tomorrow. Her husband Randy loves chocolate chunk cookies...no nuts. Instead of a groom's cake for their wedding 20 years ago, they served a chocolate chunk cookie cake. Carolyn wanted to honor that cherished day. I whipped up a batch of chocolate chunk cookie dough and baked it in my large heart cookie pan. Judging cooking time is a challenge with this pan and I am afraid it might have overcooked. But with a little cookie icing, I think it will make Carolyn and Randy smile. The sentiment was simple...Love Always.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: