Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Have A Dream - Day 364

I have a dream. A dream of a business all my own. A business whose mission is to spread hugs and happiness in the form of a tasty treat. A cookie business. Heartsong Cookies. Today I took another big step. I have a business card. One lonely little business card...only a proof really. Tomorrow it will be joined by about 500 friends and then passed around to as many people as possible. It will be my ticket to dream fulfillment and it feels so good. Happy dance good.

Business card giddiness was not my only source of joy today. In fact, my entire day was filled with good things. I had lunch with Heather, Scott, Chris and Tim at Brio to celebrate Heather's promotion. We talked about the RFQ from hell, everyone's new responsibilities and cookies. Heather and the guys loved their cookie gifts. Perhaps the highlight of the lunch was a comment...no a compliment, from Scott. He told me he thought I would be stand out and be successful as the farmers market because of my engaging personality. At a time when my confidence is riding a roller coast of highs and lows...lots of lows, this compliment meant the world to me.

Tonight I met Susan and Chris for a culinary adventure outside their two mile radius requirement. We met at The Ravenous Pig, Oooooh, I love The Pig. We started with a basket of their fabulous Gruyere biscuits. Next was the Charcuterie Platter of homemade sausages, cheeses and pickled veggies to be shared by the table. My entree was the half order of Goat Cheese Tortellini in a Parmesan broth with tri colored cherry tomatoes lightly blistered to a consistency that made them pop in your mouth with an explosion of fresh tomato flavor. All the flavors were savored with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc shared with Susan. Even though we did not get an entree, we spent more than we intended. But it was money well spent. I could live off the flavor memories for a very long time.

Earlier this afternoon Kenda presented me with a Blue Bird Bake Shop cupcake. The cute little brown box was sealed with a sticker, so the flavor remained a surprise. A surprise that drove me crazy all the way home. When I arrived home, I couldn't stand it any more. I peeled off the sticker and opened the lid to reveal a beautiful sight. A chocolate cupcake topped with just the right amount of pink strawberry frosting. I was compelled to have a little sliver. I did, placed the box in the fridge and walked away...about 5 steps and circled back. That cupcake was amazing. The cake had a vanilla center surrounded by chocolate. It was moist with just the right balance of sweetness. The frosting was light and creamy and filled with fresh strawberry taste. I took another slice and quickly placed it back in the fridge. This time I made it to the stairs before circling back. Another sliver, a moment of guilt and soon the entire cupcake was history.

This was the cherry on top of a day of indulgence. I can't wipe the smile off my face.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: