Monday, November 9, 2009

Dream Encourager - Day 95

Today began for me in the usual way...bagging cookies and assembling baskets. I put two together for Carolyn and dropped them off to my friend Vicky to photograph while I delivered a disk to a client. Once again Vicky did a great job with the photos. My feeble attempts at photography with my iPhone just don't compare.

I can't believe I only have one more day of work before I am on vacation for a week and a half. That is the longest time I have been away from the office in years. Believe me, I am more than ready for a vacation. The grind of working seven days a week has taken its toll on me.

After work tonight I met my friend Sheri at her office and followed her home to see her husband David's garden and share my plans for my cookie business. David is an excellent cook...no...chef. He also is a master gardener. The "Juanita" side of me almost couldn't control myself from picking the Japanese eggplant hanging from the vine in his garden. David listened intently as I shared the stories of my blog beginnings and my pre-blog lack of confidence in my baking abilities. He is a fellow foodie with a passion for pleasing others with his cooking talents. David has a dream of starting a catering business, but suffers from the same affliction I have...lack of funds and lack of confidence. I know he will be successful and I will do whatever I can to encourage him to follow his dream.

Tonight is a night just like any other night...a baking cookies night. I am baking White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan, Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip and Dark Chocolate Tri Berry Cookies for the next round of Carolyn baskets. Mmmmmm, they smell good and definitely pass the eye test.

Many hugs and dreams come true,

Kathy

No comments: