Monday, November 16, 2009

Rendezvous With The Pit Master - Day 102

Today was a great day filled with birthday shopping and baking for Ryan. I haven't had a moment of time or money to shop in months. Shopping is something I used to do all the time...which is a big reason I am cash starved. Now I shop more carefully and relish every purchase. This afternoon I baked Ryan's favorite yellow cake with fudge frosting and toasted pecan chocolate chunk cookies while he was at work. He is turning 23 tomorrow and I wanted to surprise him.

I don't think it was much of a surprise, but the smile on his face told me he was pleased. For dinner Mike took us to The Pit in downtown Raleigh. It is an incredibly good barbecue restaurant in the warehouse district. The atmosphere is a little upscale, but still warm and comfortable. Ed, the Pit Master, graced us with his presence. The food was delicious, but the highlight of my night was the photo Mike took of me with the Pit Master. He has been featured on Food Network and Bon Appetit...both favorites of mine.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: