Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Very Happy Thanksgiving - Day 113

This morning I was greeted in the kitchen with a big hug from my son Ryan. It was the perfect way to begin my favorite holiday of the year. I love the planning, the prep and the flavors. But the best part is sharing time with family and friends. Today we had an abundance of everything. Ryan kept me company throughout the morning as I made a variety of side dishes...Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Corn Pudding, Yucky Broccoli Casserole, Roasted Butternut Squash and Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. These were accompanied by Smoked Turkey and Dressing from Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbecue, a Roasted Turkey Breast, Michael's Mac and Cheese, Mom's Green Beans Almondine, Kenda's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread, Jo's Deviled Eggs, Yeast Rolls, Pickles, Olives, Mom's Cranberry Orange Walnut Sauce, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie and lots of wine. We truly have so much to be thankful for!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: