Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryan! - Day 103

The great days just keep coming! Today was my son Ryan's birthday. Unfortunately he had to work, but we met him late this afternoon for a tour of Carter-Finley Stadium and the Murphy Center. Being the sports freak that I am, I was in heaven. We got to go into the locker room while the team was at practice. I even got a picture of my new favorite quarterback's locker - Russell Wilson. He is the star player from NCSU, who tried one of my cookies earlier today and said they were really good. That was all it took to make me a fan for life. After the tour Ryan took us to watch the team practice for this weekend's game against Virginia Tech. Ryan introduced us to the head coach, Tom O'Brien. I am as giddy as a school girl.

Mike took us to Maggiano's in Durham to celebrate Ryan's birthday. We gorged ourselves on fried calamari, fried cheese, salad and fabulous pasta and chicken entrees. Oh my, it was such a great evening. I haven't felt this relaxed and happy in months.

Many hugs and touchdowns for Russell Wilson,

Kathy

No comments: