Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Special Gift - Day 109

I can't believe it has been over a week since Bree's rehearsal dinner. The days prior to the dinner were especially hectic and the days after were ultimate relaxing bliss. In my haste to leave for vacation I neglected to share a beautiful thank you gift I received from Bree's mom, Phyllis. For the last couple of months, Phyllis has been working on a very special gift for me...a gorgeous hand woven cookbook basket and beautiful apron presented to me after the dinner. The thoughtfulness almost took my breath away. Years ago I took a basket weaving class, so I know the time and patience it takes to weave a basket...especially one this perfect. The apron was bright and cheery and perfect as well. Both will be enjoyed during Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, and for many years to come. Thank you Phyllis! The "Power of Good" is alive and well and resting on my kitchen counter.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: