Saturday, November 14, 2009

Finally...Relaxation - Day 100

I can't believe I have been posting for 100 days now. All it took was a dare from my son Ryan that I would never keep it going. And here I am, Day 100. It seems like it has been at least 100 days since I took a breath and stopped to relax.

Today began early with the alarm going off at 5:00 a.m. Oh my goodness, I was still so tired from the previous week! But I had extra motivation to get going...I was flying to Raleigh to spend the week with Ryan. My flight arrived at 10:25 a.m. and Ryan whisked me away to Carter-Finley Stadium to watch the NC State - Clemson game at noon from the press box. How cool is that? We got to partake in the media meal, which I was told was much better than the usual fare. The spread included fried chicken or sausage biscuits, broccoli cheese casserole, home fries, eggs, pasta with sausage and peppers, fruit and poppy seed pound cake. Everything was actually quite tasty and the best part for this cash starved foodie is...IT WAS FREE!

I wish the game had been as enjoyable as the food and the company. Unfortunately NC State lost 43-23. Ryan and I had to leave in the third quarter to go to the Women's Basketball Tournament going on in another part of campus. This time I got to sit court side. Again something I had never experienced and very cool. Unfortunately once again NC State lost, this time to Vermont in the tournament championship game. After the game, I got to attend the post game press conference with their new coach, Kellie Harper. I liked her a lot. She hates losing and so do I.

The Gators managed to extend their winning streak to 20 and are still undefeated. Once again I feel like a spoiled brat because the offense was stagnant much of the second half. I know this team is something special and yet very difficult to watch.

All this may not seem very relaxing to you, but to me, it was an amazing day. I got to take a peek into the career path of my son and it made me very pleased. He has followed his passion and that is a very good thing!

Many hugs and happy sighs,

Kathy

No comments: