Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Filling Day - Day 112

Filled to the brim and its not even Thanksgiving yet.

Wow, my day began with a smile explosion. I dropped off two cookie baskets to Geni that she ordered for her family. She was pleased...almost giddy. Then the whole department dove into the Thanksgiving basket I made for them to share, Dennis, Kristy, Lori and Geni humored me with pictures for my smile collection. I floated out the door very pleased with the result of my efforts.

I floated over to see Jen and Tim for another well received cookie drop. And then met with my client, Michael to go over a proof with cookies tucked inside. Smiles were plentiful...sugar highs were on the rise...life was good. And that was just the morning!

Tonight my son Ryan asked us to go to see the movie, Blindside. It is the true story of Michael Oher, a homeless high school kid adopted by a Memphis family and drafted in the 2009 NFL draft. The movie stars Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. I really needed to stay home to prep for Thanksgiving, but I couldn't pass up a date with my two favorite men...Mike and Ryan. I teared up many times throughout the movie and came away with a full heart. This movie was about "the Power of Good" squared. I would highly recommend it!

I just finished taking the pumpkin pie out of the oven and plopped down on the couch to relax while it cooled. As I reflected on my day and all I have to be thankful for, a hug smile showed up on my face. I am truly blessed with the most wonderful life. You know, I think it is time for a happy dance!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: