Monday, July 26, 2010

The Antidote - Day 354

This morning I woke up feeling like I was 102. Actually I went to sleep feeling the same way. I don't have time for feeling lousy. I've got things to do and people to see. I filled my head with all the positive thoughts I could muster. Nothing. I still felt lousy. Maybe a shower would do the trick. Nope...still lousy. I slowly got dressed, trudged out to my car and headed to work.

After a miserable morning, I finally found the temporary antidote to what ails me. Lunch at Siam Garden with Morgan and David. Somehow mild Panang Curry had a calming affect on my crazy stomach. Go figure. The food was awesome and a great value at $6.95. The three of us plotted website plans for Heartsong Cookies. We worked out business card details. We discussed projects and mutual friends. I walked out to my car feeling 25 instead of 102. The two of them have that affect on me. They treat me like a contemporary, not a woman old enough to be their mom.

I am so glad we will be forever linked by the logo Morgan designed for me. All their hard work on Heartsong gives me a huge incentive to succeed. I can't wait until I can compensate them in something other than cookie currency. It's tasty, but it doesn't pay the bills.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: