Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Little Things - Day 342

Today was a crazy, frustrating work day. On the surface there was not much good, fun or happy to write about. So once again when I sat down to do my posting I was stumped. And then I suddenly remembered the gecko that hitched a ride on my rear window on the way to work today and I started to giggle. It was the darnedest thing! I looked up and there he was hanging on for dear life as I drove down the road. He reminded me of how I sometimes feel on this wild ride of life...out of place and scared out of my mind. This little guy had a determination that just wouldn't quit. Somehow I found him inspirational. It's the little things...

Lunch time brought a little smile to my face as well. I was in the vicinity of D & G Occasions, a baker's nirvana, and decided to stop in to see if they had a music note cookie cutter. To my delight, they did. Not only a medium size note, but a mini one as well. I paired them with the appropriately sized heart cookie cutters and happily walked out the door with my new found treasures...after paying, of course. I can't wait to bake a batch of heart singing sugar cookies for Morgan to thank her for a job well done on my logo. It's the little things...

Lack of exercise has been weighing heavily on my mind...and my butt...and my thighs. Tonight I did something about it. I took a little walk around Crane's Roost. Only once, but it was a start. A baby step toward fitness. It's the little things...

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: