Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Surprised Again - Day 355

I think I must have a mental block about this special day. Every year I fall victim...or should I say I am blessed with the most wonderful surprise...Mike's acknowledgment of the anniversary of the day we got engaged. This morning when I got out of the shower two cards were waiting for me on the counter. "What are these for?" I cluelessly asked. Mike just smiled. He got me again. The cards were beautiful and filled with just the right words to make me feel like the luckiest woman on earth.

He also made reservations at my favorite restaurant, The Ravenous Pig, for dinner tonight. It was a splurge we REALLY shouldn't indulge, but it was oh so worth it. A basket of Gruyere Biscuits was a given the moment we walked in the door. These biscuits are the best I have ever tasted. If I ordered nothing else, I would have been a happy camper. But I could not do that. I ordered a half portion of Spaghetti Nero, squid ink pasta topped with Romesco sauce, grilled squid and homemade sausage. This was a stellar dish. The sauce was rich with flavor and the half portion was a perfect amount. Mike ordered a Pub Burger with Truffle Fries and was equally pleased with his choice. If you haven't tried "The Pig" as it is affectionately called, YOU SHOULD! It has a wonderful energy the moment you walk in the door. The menu changes seasonally with a handful of tried and true constants. Most entree prices at dinner are somewhere in the twenties, but options are available for the cash deprived...starters, half orders and the pub fare items allow you to experience the delight of dinner at The Pig without cleaning out your piggy bank.

Michael Paiva, I love you! Thanks for surprising me...again.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: