Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Big Things - Day 343

Yesterday was all about the little things. Today was all about things big. No, I am not talking about my butt, thighs or belly again. I am talking about the big generosity of the group that gathered together tonight to "Drink for Pink." My friends Carolynn and Diane are participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure event in the fall...3 days, 60 miles of walking to end breast cancer. What a huge commitment they have made to be a part of the biggest breast cancer event in history. Tonight they got together their friends and co-workers for a fund raising cocktail party at Urban Flats. The turnout was impressive. Each attendee contributed $25 to attend and enjoy wine, flatbread pizzas and Seasons 52 mini indulgences. Lots of raffle tickets were sold and cool prizes were given out. It was a really nice evening for a really great cause. I don't know the fund raising tally, but I am sure it will have a BIG impact.

To find out more about this great event, go to www.the3day.org.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments: