Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baking Spirits Bright - Day 137

I realize my blog is getting a little redundant these days. I need to mix in a little bit of something besides baking. But today is not the day for that. Today is the day for baking spirits bright. I took myself to breakfast at Panera before beginning 13 hours of dough making, baking, rolling, cookie cutting, icing, bagging, bow tying and basket assembling. My son Ryan got home from North Carolina mid afternoon to attend the Beck family Christmas. I put together a platter of cookies for him to take and out the door he went. I needed a break so I took a trip to the grocery store and picked up beef tacos from Tijuana Flats for dinner. Then is was back to baking...and baking...and more baking. Once again I find myself on the other side of midnight with sore feet, sore back and a full heart. Tomorrow I am dropping off a Gator themed basket for a family dealing with Leukemia. The Gator sugar cookies I made were really cool. I hope they like them as much as I enjoyed putting making them.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: