Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life - Day 135

I whisked Mike off to the airport for his bowling trip to Vegas and embarked on another wonderful day. I mixed cookie basket delivery in with a little work. Little did I know that a proof delivery would result in a very cool encounter with Timmie the Gator. Caroline, the animal trainer asked if I would like to hold Timmie the baby gator and before I realized..."YES!" came out of my mouth and Timmie was in my grasp. Born in 2008, Timmie was 1-2 feet long. Holding him made me giddy. It was such a cool experience. Before I walked out the door, Dennis presented me with my recycled cookie basket filled with cookie cutters, treat bags, a homemade card and homemade toffee cookies. I think I may have mentioned once or twice before...I have the best friends.

Lunch was a treat with my co-workers by one of our paper vendors. I enjoyed blackened grouper with saffron rice, relaxing conversation and no check at the end of the meal. What a treat!

After work Dennis asked me to join him in downtown Winter Garden for Christmas lights, barbecue and a Christmas play at the local community theater. Driving through the center of town reminded me of one of my favorite Christmas movies -"It's a Wonderful Life". The Winter Garden Heritage Club has done a remarkable job with revitalization. The center of town bustled with families. A small combo played live music on the town square. People swung on porch swings as they listened to the music and soaked in the Christmas lights. Dennis and I dined at Harry and Larry's, a local barbecue joint in the center of town. The brisket sandwich was tender, flavorful and piled high on Texas toast. It came with two sides. I opted for sweet potato fries and "Q" stew. While Dennis and I talked, I inhaled every drop of food on my plate. Then it was on to the Winter Garden theater for the slapstick comedy - "Sleigh". The cast did a great job with the slapstick. A little girl in the audience heightened the experience with her giggles. After the play we got ice cream. Peppermint ice cream was the icing on the cake to another perfect day.

It's a wonderful life!

Many hugs and trips to downtown Winter Garden,

Kathy

No comments: