Monday, December 21, 2009

My New Name - Day 138

Today was just plain fun! I delivered the fruits of yesterday's effort. Geni loved the Gator basket I made for the family dealing with leukemia. My friends in Tampa were elated when I walked in the door with basket in hand. They gave me a new name. I am no longer Kathy. I am now "Awesome Cookie Lady". It has a very nice ring to it.

For dinner I stopped by Athena Cafe for a Greek salad and Pastichio. Then I headed home to do something different...bake. I am almost to the finish line and it feels great. Since I have basically lived in the kitchen for the past 2 months, it is about the last thing I want to do on Christmas eve and Christmas day. So... we made a reservation for dinner at Carrabba's on Christmas eve and plans to pick up a Holiday Feast to go from Mimi's Cafe for Christmas day. It seems a little extravagant for a cash starved foodie, but I actually would spend far more at the grocery store. I am so ready for a break and so ready to let someone else do the cooking and cleaning up for a change.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: