Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leave of Absence - Day 144

I tossed and turned all night worrying about my Gators and the safety of my son on his drive back to Raleigh. Why women seem to get a more than ample share of the worry gene, I will never know! Ryan left around 7:00 a.m. and I began the day in a lazy, tired stupor. Costco was like a ghost town today, so my stupor continued. No people plus no energy equals no wine sales. My whopping total for the day was 26 bottles. Not my most banner performance.

I did have a nice break when Anthony, one of the Costco regulars, stopped by to ask me to e-mail my cookie recipes to his wife Julia. I shared a couple of cookies with Anthony last week and he, in turn, shared with his wife. They both loved them and now every time he walks by, I get the thumbs up sign. Very cool!

The time passed as slowly as our computer opens files. Finally, five hours passed and it was time to head home. Ryan sent me a text that he arrived safely in Raleigh. I called Mike and found out that Urban had changed his mind about resigning. Instead, he was going to take a leave of absence. I also decided to continue my leave of absence from my kitchen and Mike suggested we go to Bahama Breeze for one of our appetizer dinners we are so fond of. We enjoyed warm spinach dip and soup. Very comforting and very relaxing. Sitting with Mike talking Gators was the highlight of my day. He seemed proud of the way our Alma Mater handled the situation. The next few months will be very interesting...full of stories. And after all, life is all about the stories.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: