Friday, December 4, 2009

Olive Garden Day - Day 121

Today was all about Olive Garden. I met my co-workers, Kat and Danielle, for a rare lunch together. Today was cold, rainy and definitely a "Soup, Salad and Breadsticks" kind of day and Olive Garden fit the bill. We each ordered a different soup. Kat was a Chicken Gnocchi girl. Danielle was all about Minestrone. And I ordered Zuppa Toscana. Portions were unlimited. Service was excellent. The bill was reasonable at $6.95 plus tax and tip.

Recently long forgotten Coupon Cory paid a visit to my e-mail with coupons for three Darden restaurants...$5.00 off two entrees at LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Our spot for dinner was chosen by my husband Mike. He opted for Olive Garden. Since lunch was so good, I had no problem with that. I ordered a glass of house red wine and the Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto. Mike ordered the Shrimp and Chicken Carbonara. Both were absolutely delicious and once again the service was excellent.

Tonight was party prep time. I made two Chocolate Chip Bread Puddings and set out ingredients for various marinades for the morning. Tomorrow is going to be full throttle all day, so Saturday's posting may be completed Sunday morning.

Many hugs and trips to Olive Garden,

Kathy

No comments: