Saturday, December 19, 2009

No Work Celebration - Day 136

What a wonderful way to spend a weekend...no work for two whole days! I got up a little before nine, got dressed and headed for Park Avenue to visit my friend Kenda at Peterbrooke Chocolates. I purchased a few Christmas gifts then strolled through the Farmer's Market and Williams Sonoma. The weather was absolutely beautiful...blue skies and a crisp coolness in the air.

My friend Susan called this morning in a little panic about baking cookies for her Christmas party tonight. She didn't have the ingredients or the cookie sheets. I offered to make Peppermint Bark cookies and she gratefully accepted my offer. She needed them by 5:00. My leisurely pace left me little time to bake. After a couple of stops I managed to get all the baking supplies I needed and headed home to bake. I love the festive look of these cookies. I managed to finish the cookies just in the nick of time to deliver to Susan.

Errands and Christmas shopping consumed most of my evening. Late tonight I managed to make a couple of batches of dough while being serenaded by my roommate Jim's snoring. At least I was comforted that my baking noise was not keeping him awake. Tomorrow will be all about baking and another celebration of no work.

Many hugs and days off,

Kathy

No comments: