Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ran Out Of Gas - Day 140

Today was a tough one. I think I must have contracted food poisoning yesterday from lunch at Whole Foods. Last night was not pretty as I attempted to bake for my office party today. I baked two batches - one Naked Chocolate Chip Cookies for all my co workers with nut allergies. They spread a little too much. So for the next batch of Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with extra nuts, I decided to add extra flour. These turned out like hockey pucks. I have always said baking is a combination of feel and science. Mood definitely affected how my cookies turned out.

This afternoon I was presented with the coolest gift by my friends Sheri and David. They created a limited edition cookbook for 40 of their closest family and friends. It includes some of their favorite recipes, plus contributions from family and friends. How cool is that?!

Tonight was supposed to be my final night of baking, but somewhere between Sweet Tomatoes and WalMart, I ran out of gas. Not literally, but I just could not bring myself to pull out the ingredients and tackle another batch of dough. Hopefully tonight I can recharge and begin in the morning. My close friends are counting on me and I don't want to let them down.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: