Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pollyanna Ramblings - Day 119

What happened to caring about others? When exactly did we head down the path of the "ME!" generation. Whenever it was, whatever happened, I want to turn back the clock. If all those selfish, unhappy people only knew how simple the key to happiness is...
Giving of yourself brings such joy, such contentment. It can be given in the most simple gesture...a smile...a hug...an ear to listen...a shoulder to cry on...even a silly cookie. But they just don't seem to understand and I have to find a way to communicate the concept.

Today something wonderful happened. I was awarded a hefty printing job that has to be completed by the end of the year. Why is this so special? During these troubled economic times, the industry I work in - printing has been devastated. Hours have been cut. Layoffs have occurred. Morale is at an all-time low. This project will give all the employees that support my sales more hours at a time when they definitely could use them. This job was awarded because of a relationship...because of trust...because of "the Power of Good". I can't begin to fathom how big a basket of HeartSong Cookies is coming to the person who made this happen...Kim. But trust me, it will be immense and I will be forever grateful.

Many hugs and Pollyanna thoughts,

Kathy

No comments: