Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Cookie Day - Day 17

A day without Sweet Tomatoes BOGO coupons is like a day without sunshine.

This morning's question of the day to my husband was met with the answer - "I will treat you to breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes". Yea! It has been at least 3-4 days since I ate there...far too long. I am honestly considering trying to eat everyday for a full week at Sweet Tomatoes and documenting how much I spend versus grocery shopping.

I was unhappy with the consistency of the cookies I made last night. I let the butter get too soft and they spread too much. They tasted OK, but I couldn't use them to impress my Costco co-workers. I asked Mike to bear with me while I whipped up a quick batch. Mmmmmmm. They were perfect.

Sunday morning between 9-11 is the perfect time to visit Sweet Tomatoes. The restaurant is not overly crowded, so you can actually relax and enjoy good conversation without screaming kids. A real plus for my husband Mike. Our meal for two came to a little shy of $14.00 and was filling enough to last us until dinner.

At work, customer traffic was a little slow again, but I had a great day. I ran into an old friend, Rick, that I hadn't seen in probably 18-19 years. Very cool to get caught up. But the best part of the day was playing HeartSong Cookie fairy to all the CDS demo ladies and some of the Costco employees. I dropped off individually wrapped Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies to each of them to thank them for being so good to me with the tastings. Their smiles told me I had accomplished my mission...saving the world from unhappiness one cookie at a time.

It is always amazing to me how the simplest gestures can have the most amazing impact. Give of yourself and you will get back ten fold.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: