Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Diary of a Povo Foodie? - Day 13

My friend Dennis was doing research for marketing trends to teenagers and ran across this new recession-inspired slang term. I thought I would share. May even change the name of my blog to Diary of a Povo Foodie.

RECESSION-INSPIRED SLANG
Povo (po-vo)adj. Spawned from the increasing popularity of new HBO series Summer Heights High, the Aussie slang for poor has infiltrated the vocabulary of recessionistas everywhere"Caroline, I can't go out to dinner tonight: My pay cut has left me totally povo."

Lunch today was coupon filled at of all places...Sweet Tomatoes with my friends, Bree and Michelle. We enjoyed great conversation and soups and salads inspired by Mexico.

Dinner is going to be another pantry raid. I am in the mood for and in need of comfort food and am somewhat embarrassed by my menu choice...tuna noodle casserole with a side of green peas. This was always one of my favorites early in my foodie life and fits the bill tonight. It's easy...cheap...comforting and will leave me plenty of time for Top Chef viewing tonight.

Today I posted a picture of my good friend Kenda and her cat Samantha. It doesn't have much of anything to do with food, except for the fact that my HeartSong Cookies recipe cards are strategically placed on her desk, but I thought the photo was really cool and I wanted to share.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: