Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HeartSong Cookie Fairy - Day 12

This morning I indulged one of my favorite past times, playing HeartSong Cookie Fairy to my clients and friends. I dropped off the basket (shown at right) to one of my clients as a thank you for their business. It was filled with individually wrapped oatmeal cookies and recipe card bundles tucked in the back. Then I met Kenda in the Publix parking lot for a cookie drop off and a hug.

Lunch was a quick stop through the drive thru of Green Day Cafe on Lee Road. They specialize in healthy alternatives to fast food. I ordered a Holy Guacamole Wrap - a whole wheat wrap filled with hummus, guac, veggies and spring mix served with your choice of Terra Chips (I love them!) or broccoli crunch. A little pricey at $6.89, but good. The wrap was quite large and very filling and was packaged in a pressed paper container. My ice water came in a compostable plastic cup made of corn by Eco-Products. I really don't mind paying a little premium to help Planet Earth. A sticker on the window identified the restaurant as a Certified Green Kitchen. I need to do a little more research as to what that means. Florida franchises are available and the restaurant web site is www.greendaycafe.com .

Note to self: Tell Kenda about Eco-Products to see if it is an American company she can feature on her blog - supportamericanmade.blogspot.com.

Tonight's dinner was an improv for one. I filled a casserole dish with leftover whole wheat rotini pasta, topped with matchstick cut salami, fresh mozzarella cubes, chopped fresh basil, tomato sauce, provolone cheese slices and grated Parmesan. I baked it at 375 F. for 25 minutes and served with pesto crostini. While it cooked, I made a sangria with Montepulciano d'Abruzzo (the wine I sell at Costco), Grand Marnier, ginger ale, fresh apple and lime slices. Everything was delicious, especially the sangria.

Tomorrow night is the premier of this season's Top Chef Las Vegas at 9:00 p.m. on Bravo. Immediately following at 10:00 p.m., the season of Top Chef Masters comes to an end. I am a huge fan of the Top Chef concept of cooking reality shows. It is a must see for all foodies.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: