Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garage Sale Day - Day 23

This morning I finally had the garage sale. What a zoo! I could not have pulled it off if it weren't for the help of my husband, mom and brother. Hard as I try to get organized, the morning of the sale is utter chaos. Putting the signs out, displaying and pricing everything, answering questions, negotiating...all a complete nightmare. The neighbors come in waves. I think they plan it that way to get better prices. We were so overwhelmed, any price would do. And in the midst of all the craziness, I went upstairs to shower for work at Costco, abandoning them all.

No time to eat this morning. This is a statement you will rarely see in my blog. Costco tastings will have to be my breakfast and lunch.

Today was a tough day at work because I was feeling a little funky. It could be because I didn't eat or that I live my life in perpetual motion. Customer traffic was fairly steady today. I certainly get to meet some interesting people at this job. One woman and her husband came shopping to avoid the Ted Kennedy coverage. She proceeded to vent about the horrible health care bill that is being forced on us. Somehow I think she would be very upset to find out I am a bleeding heart liberal. One redeeming fact...she loves the wine I sell and bought a bottle. I think my liberal leanings are best kept to myself.

After work, I went to visit Kenda's "girls", Kiley and Samantha. This visit was uneventful and they both seemed moderately glad to see me.

Dinner needed to be fast, cheap and not prepared by me. Mike suggested Jersey Mike's subs to redeem another BOGO coupon. The subs were great and with the coupon, the meals came to $11.00. I still have half a sub left for lunch tomorrow.

As you can tell by my lack of blog creativity, I am pretty well spent. I promise to make it up to you in the near future.

Followup Irrelevant Note: The inexpensive dry cleaner I tried on Thursday did a good job cleaning the items I dropped off and had them ready yesterday as promised. It is called Capri Cleaners (also $2.25 Cleaners) in Maitland at the intersection of Kennedy Blvd. and 17-92. The current special they are running is 10 items for $1.75 each.

Many hugs and zzzzzzzzz,

Kathy

No comments: