Monday, August 10, 2009

Another Crazy Day - Day 4

I am always late in the morning! Today was no different. I grabbed the last two Eggo waffles and stuck them in the toaster while I loaded the car, drizzled them with PURE maple syrup (the only kind!) and ran out the door.

If you are getting the idea that I live my life in perpetual motion, you would be correct. Today is especially crazy because I am tying up all loose ends for my speaking engagement in Boca Raton tomorrow. I stopped by Super Target to pick up "stuff" and ended up with lunch as well. The deli had several quick grab items that actually looked good. I opted for the four quadrant package with carrots, grapes, a scoop of chicken salad (Archer Farms "Signature" Chicken Salad, no less) and crackers. Everything was surprisingly fresh and tasty and a good value at $3.49. I think I may have found another new alternative to the fast food I dislike so much.

I just succumbed to Kat's chocolate drawer again. A Dove Dark Chocolate and a Milk Chocolate with Caramel disappeared into my happy mouth. Damn, why did they have to make those chocolates so silky smooth?!

I honestly hope that at some point during the evolution of my blog I will actually be embarrassed by the type and amount of food I eat and attempt to be more healthy.

Tonight Mike and I had another BOGO coupon dinner. This time we ate at the new Jersey Mike's sub shop in Altamonte Springs. The Philly Cheesesteaks were actually quite good and we were in and out in no time. Great news since I still have to bake the Dark Chocolate Cookies with Sour Cherries to take to tomorrow's presentation...at least 75 of them!

I promise at some point to actually cook at home and post some recipes, but for now my musings will have to do. The timer just went off on the oven.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: