Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tasty Smorgasbord - Day 9

Today started with a glance at the alarm clock and a bolt out of bed. Oh my goodness, it was 11:00 a.m. and I had to be at work by noon. No time to eat. I grabbed the leftovers from last night, a fork and jumped in my roving dining room for work at Costco.

A big advantage to my job at Costco is the tasting stations. When I get a little hungry mid afternoon, Vera, Bev, Shawn and the others are more than willing to accommodate with generous samples of whatever they are featuring that day.

Tip: Many cash starved Costco members come in for a free lunch or dinner made up of the tasting smorgasbord of the day. Today's menu included ham and cheese mini sandwiches, 7-layer dip with pita chips, couscous salad, Angus burgers, apple strudel and coffee.

After work I picked up some more shrimp, prosciutto and asparagus to make an instant replay of the previous night. Since our friend Jim was arriving at 6:00 for dinner and consolation, I needed something that didn't require any thought. The dinner was good and provided the comfort Jim so desperately needed. My brother stopped by for dessert - Costco apple strudel warmed in the oven and served with whipped cream.

Tomorrow I hope to make something that actually requires a recipe for posting. Until then...

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: