Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Blog Discovery - Day 20

My friend Carolyn just sent me the link to a blog that I think is pretty cool - www.thethinchef.com. It is the creation of her husband's partners' daughter (man, that is a mouthful) and is very well done. Maybe I should change the name of my heartsong blog to www.theroundbaker.com or maybe www.therubenuesquebaker.com?!

I am proud to say I finally began a day with something other than a cookie. Greek yogurt with honey and fresh raspberries was the grab and go of choice this morning.

Lunch was the ultimate comfort food...the turkey and dressing lunch special with cabbage and black eyed peas from Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbecue. Each day a different comfort food is featured for $6.99.

Dinner continued the budget stretching theme from yesterday with barbecued pork sandwiches with shredded slaw. My friend Karen posted a recipe for homemade barbecue sauce that I have to try this weekend, but tonight was KC Masterpiece from the bottle.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: