Thursday, August 13, 2009

Will I Ever Cook Again? - Day 7

This morning I found a wonderful sounding recipe for a vegetarian pasta in my Cooking Light magazine. Zucchini, grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese combined with linguini sounded like the perfect combination for dinner tonight. All I would have to pick up on my way home were the fresh vegetables. Finally my blog will include a recipe! Wrong.

It totally slipped my mind that Christine, my son's girl friend, was coming to town late this afternoon to say goodbye to me before she returned home to Pennsylvania. I didn't have time to buy the groceries to fix dinner, so I opted to meet at our favorite inexpensive spot - Sweet Tomatoes, BOGO coupon in hand. It was the perfect spot to get together to catch up on life and talk about one of my favorite subjects, my son. I walked away with a full tummy and a sad heart. Christine will be missed.

I can't believe I have made it through seven days of blogging. It is definitely a work in progress, void of the recipes I had hoped to post, but full of me.

Will I ever cook again? Yes, I promise.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: