Monday, August 24, 2009

Cookie Rock Star - Day 18

Last night I baked White Chocolate Pecan Cookies while under the duress of my first live fantasy football draft. This morning I felt compelled to try them to make sure they turned out better than my draft picks. After two, I decided they passed the test.

Lunch was grabbed on the run. I stopped at the Super Target deli and picked up a California Chicken Salad for $3.49. Once again I was surprised by how good it was. Romaine and spinach topped with grilled chicken, dried cherries, walnuts, goat cheese and poppy seed dressing made for a great alternative to typical fast food.

This afternoon I dropped off a proof and a basket of cookies to my client friends in Tampa. They made me feel like a cookie rock star when I arrived...all coming out of their cubicles to greet me. Kim told me about an intern survey that specifically mentioned my cookies as one of the things they liked about the intern experience. Carolyn told me my homemade cookies were the best she had ever had and I needed to start a business. I love this feeling, but had a hard time getting my big head back out the door!

Dinner was a nice surprise. I planned to roast a pork tenderloin thawed and waiting for me in the fridge. But I also needed to make two kinds of cookies to send to my son and paint a border in my new roommate's room. To help with my time crunch dilemma, my husband Mike suggested we go to a Darden restaurant with a $25 gift card he just got in the mail. Bahama Breeze was the choice so we could also use the $5.00 off coupon I cut from the newspaper to complete out cash starved dinner out. We ordered cocktails, their awesome spinach dip and shared an entree of shrimp and lobster pasta. The bill including tip came to $15.00 by the time we redeemed our gift card and coupon. Sharing an entree is a great way to have the dining out experience without the big expense or excessive calories.

Tonight I made another batch of White Chocolate Blueberry cookies. Then I created a new cookie taste combo inspired by the cherries and walnuts in my Target salad...Cherry Walnut Chip. Bittersweet chocolate chips, dried cherries and toasted walnuts were added to my favorite base cookie recipe to create a very rich and tasty cookie. Tomorrow I will post it on my HeartSong blog, but now I am going to relax for at least a moment.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: