Thursday, August 27, 2009

Taking the Time to Smell the Coffee - Day 21

Since today and tomorrow are vacation days to get ready for my garage sale this weekend, I decided to start it off right. Breakfast at Athena Cafe with my husband Mike and a BOGO coupon was the perfect start. We are creatures of habit. We order the same thing every time. Mike gets his favorite cheese steak omelet, no mushrooms. I order the "Athena Special" with eggs over hard, corned beef hash and a cup of the best creamy grits. The food was delicious, the coffee kept coming and the bill was $11.00...a very good thing.

Cash Friendly Irrelevant Note: A dry cleaner in Maitland is offering a special 10 items for $1.75 each. With 90% of my wardrobe requiring dry cleaning and most of it sitting in a big pile in my closet, I decided to give it a try. The staff was friendly, the facility clean and they promised it tomorrow - definitely a good start. I will let you know tomorrow if it is worth recommending.

I finally remembered why I love to go out to eat. My best conversations seem to be over food that I haven't prepared. Mike and I had a great conversation about "the power of good" over breakfast. We talked about nurturing potential, lending a hand, having a conscience, giving a hug...how they all seem to be out of style in society today. If the power of hate with the Rush Limbaugh's and the Glenn Beck's of the world can rise up, why can't the power of good? Mike and I vowed to make an effort to change this...to somehow be heard.

I love my husband. Today I took the time to stop and smell the coffee.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: