Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trough Feeding at its Best - Day 3

This morning Mike and I woke up ravenous with nothing in the house to eat. We found the BOGO breakfast coupon from our Club Veg membership and headed for Sweet Tomatoes.

Sweet Tomatoes is trough feeding (unlimited buffet) at its best. The salad fixings are fresh, the soups and breads are homemade and they offer quite a variety. Every Sunday from 9-11 a.m. they offer breakfast. The salads are still available, soups are more limited, but they add fixings to make your own breakfast burritos, oatmeal, breakfast potatoes, biscuits, sausage gravy, even a breakfast pasta. With the BOGO coupon, for $13.77 we were happy little piggies.

Tip: You can join Club Veg by filling out at a form at the restaurant or by going online to www.sweettomatoes.com. Several times a month they e-mail BOGO coupons. The coupon requires purchase of two beverages. At dinner, the total bill for dinner is a little over $15.00.

Back to Costco, this time at the store near Kissimmee. My table is set up across from the Tonka trucks and boy's Halloween costumes. Suddenly I have a desire to don Buzz Lightyear gear. Damn...they don't have my size.

There is something very calming and relaxing about my time at Costco. I have the opportunity to indulge two of my passions - people watching and talking. Since traffic is light today, I may have to strike up a conversation with the little Tonka truck guys staring at me across the aisle...or maybe the giant Mr. Potato Heads.

Just ran into an old friend at Costco - Patty, a fellow printing sales rep wanting to re-invent herself. We talked about blogging, wine, pets and printing. Something she said struck me...even in a bad economy, people still enjoy good food and wine, only more often at home rather than a restaurant. To pamper herself during these difficult times, she makes dinner at home an event. The table is set, wine is poured and dinner is served in the dining room rather than in front of the TV. Meals include conversation rather than zombie stares at the TV. This is something we all should try. I always say the best insights are born from life's challenges. Good things are just around the corner.

Dinner with Mike was a Costco Take and Bake Margarita Pizza. For $9.99 it is a cash starved foodie's best friend. Unfortunately dinner was eaten with zombie stares in front of the TV. Tomorrow I need to follow my own advice.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: