Saturday, January 2, 2010

Aaaaaah...A Goof Off Day - Day 150

This morning Mike and I stumbled out of bed around 9:30 and took our time getting ready. Then we headed for brunch at Brio in Winter Park. We arrived around 11:00 to an empty restaurant and settled in the bar so we could watch the High School Under Armor All-Stars to see who committed to the Gators. Yes, I know, we are Gator obsessed. Brunch was delicious. I opted for the Frittata made with angel hair pasta, eggs, Fontina cheese, spinach and bacon. Mike ordered the sausage crepes. We drank a gallon of coffee, polished off our entrees and headed back out in the cold, crisp air. I love days like today. The sky was a cloudless clear blue. The sun was out, but the air was cool. I took Mike home and decided I wanted to go shopping instead of cleaning. Off I went to Marshall's and found a few great buys that fit within my teeny tiny budget.

Tonight Mike and I continued our goof off day with a rare trip to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes. It was good and definitely made to be a sequel. More Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law is always a good thing. For dinner I made grilled roast beef and Swiss cheese sandwiches and warmed up the last of the corn chowder from earlier in the week.

I am a crazy person that believes I always have to accomplish something each day. At the end of this day, I started to feel a little bad when I looked around the house at all my unfinished projects. And then I paused...I accomplished the greatest task of all. I relaxed...I goofed off...I had fun. Aaaaah!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: