Monday, January 18, 2010

Bowl Full of Memories - Day 166

This morning my roommate Jim advised me that his daughter accidentally broke my orange bowl when she opened the cabinet to get her popcorn bowl. You would think my reaction would be - oh well, its just a bowl, of which I have many. But noooooooooo...I was distraught.

This bowl spilled over with memories. It was an orange Pyrex mixing bowl that was part of a nesting set given to me in 1979 as a shower gift by my grandmother. It was one of my most prized and well used possessions. I made and served my first meals in that bowl. I used that orange bowl and its smaller blue buddy for countless Gator viewing parties. This bowl assisted me through numerous HeartSong cookie batches. It was the perfect size...not too small, not too big.

Tears started to well up in my eyes. For goodness sake I thought, it is a bowl...a discontinued bowl, but a BOWL. A bowl full of memories which are still intact. How silly am I?! There is always Replacements,Ltd.

Many hugs and realizing what is really important,

Kathy

No comments: