Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary Mike! - Day 173

Today is the anniversary of one of the best days in my life...my marriage to Mike seven years ago. It was truly a glorious day! Every time I think of it, I get a big smile on my face.

This morning Mike had two cards waiting for me...one funny, one serious (this is our tradition). Mike has a way with words. The sentiment he wrote made me realize why I love him so much. We have endured a few years of tremendous financial challenges. Due to our strange arrangement of Mike's job in Gainesville and mine in Orlando, we see very little of each other. Mike commutes 2-3 times a week back and forth from Gainesville. I work seven days a week. Mike is taking classes to become a certified medical technologist. I bake to relieve the stress. I write a daily blog to relieve stress. Man, do I have a lot of stress! Mike plays with Maddie, our dog. We have a roommate. Mike cleans the house while I work on the weekends. I do very little around the house, but cook. Mike needs a lot of sleep. I need relatively little.

When I write this all down, I wonder why in the world our relationship has a chance. Why we work so well together. And then I read the sentiment in the card...Mike loves the way we dream together. How cool is that? I dream of a day when life is a little less complicated, when money challenges don't overwhelm and when we can spend a day, a week, a month together sharing our dreams.

Happy Anniversary Mike! I love you more than you will ever know.

Many hugs and kisses,

Kathy

No comments: