Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wearing My Starbucks - Day 157

Today was bustling at Costco. Everyone looked so cute all bundled up. I stopped for a Grande Starbucks coffee on my way to work and ended up wearing it all over my sweater and pants as I got out of the car. Thank goodness for my scarf fetish! I strategically wrapped the scarf around me so that very little of my faux pas was visible. Of course being the goofball that I am, I pointed it out to almost everyone that I spoke to.

The bustle made for a fun work day. Several of my friends stopped by to talk and I met a new friend, Joe. A conversation that began with wine talk, ended with thoughts shared about his wife that passed away several years ago. Joe's wife, Regina was a fellow foodie who found solace in cooking. Joe promised to share her pumpkin cookie recipe with me so I can feature it on my HeartSong Cookies blog. I really hope he does.

Dinner was comfort food - lobster bisque and fried egg sandwiches. After dinner as a special treat I braved the cold for a Starbucks run. I picked up cafe mocha coffees for Mike and Jim, hot chocolate for Brenna and a grande coffee for me. This time I drank it instead of wearing it. Since this seems to be the week of indulgences, I picked up apple pies from McDonalds for the gang and a cup of ice cream for Maddie, our dog. Everyone seemed content and life was good.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: