Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in the New - Day148

2009 had many ups and downs and twists and turns. Unfortunately the downs at times overwhelmed the ups and made me lose track of just how fortunate I am. I love the new year. It gives me the opportunity to set new goals and dream new dreams. Tonight we rang in the new year with our good friends, Tom, Susan, Chris, Tom's sister Kay, her boyfriend and his 97 year old mother. It was quite a lively group.

Susan outdid herself with the food. We had beef tenderloin thumb bits, mini pizzas, mini sloppy joes, pigs in a blanket, dried beef dip and crackers, salad, mac and cheese, meatballs, chocolate dipped Oreos and pretzels. Oh, and a little wine. We sat outside by the fire pit and talked and drank a little more wine. Then we toasted in the New Year with a glass of champagne. Since Mike is not a wine drinker, he was the designated driver. It was a wonderful way to ring in 2010...and then I went home and prompted purged all remnants of 2009. I got sick as a dog. Happy 2010! Good riddance 2009!!!!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: