Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Power of Good Smorgasbord - Day 168

As a drove home from our Girls Night Out, I pondered what I would post about. My favorite postings are the ones I write during the course of the day. Today, however, I was too busy basking in the day's goodness to pick up a pen. It began early with a job pickup and then a breakfast appointment with my most important client...my husband. He surprised me by returning home just as I was leaving for the day and asked me to breakfast. Our time together is so erratic, I would have canceled anything to spend this time with Mike. We met at Mimi's in Altamonte with 50% coupon in hand. I had French Toast. Mike had pancakes. They were both delicious, but not at soul satisfying as our conversation.

Then I got busy running around Orlando with proofs. I had to work fast to make sure I would make it to Girls Night Out by 5:15. This was a night I looked forward to since last week. My friend Bree gave me a monetary gift before Christmas to thank my team for catering her rehearsal dinner. She wanted us to use it for a nice evening out. Tonight was the night and I thought it was only fair that she be included. I suggested Mom, Kenda and Bree meet me at Brio in Winter Park so they could experience the $2.95 Tuscan Tasters menu items. The inexpensive food prices left us more for wine and the $4.00 Wednesday martini special. We feasted on Margarita Pizza, Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant, Meatballs Polenta, Brio Burger with Homemade Potato Chips, Kaiken Malbec, Martinis and one tiny Caramel Creme Brulee. It was a wonderful evening and I still had $10.00 left to put toward our next time together.

Today was a smorgasbord of the "Power of Good"...good food, good drink, good friends, good work, good times. Good Night!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: