Monday, January 4, 2010

Souper Day - Day 152

I hate turning on the heat! Putting on snugly clothes, drinking warm coffee, slurping yummy soup, lighting a fire in the fireplace and wrapping myself in a throw are much more appealing options. And since our downstairs air handler needs to be replaced, turning on the heat downstairs in not an option anyway. So...this morning it was 58 degrees downstairs. I bundled up, brewed a pot of coffee, toasted a bagel and quickly headed out the door.

For lunch I needed something warm and easy on the wallet. Einstein Bagels offers a cup of soup and your choice of bagel for $2.99. Soup choices include Turkey Chili (my choice), Broccoli Cheddar or Chicken Noodle. It was the perfect choice for a cold, cash starved foodie.

Thank goodness I don't have to make a living like the poor unfortunate soul I saw standing on the corner in an inflatable Planet Smoothie costume.

My friend Jen brought her almost finished guitar masterpiece to work. Oh my goodness, it is gorgeous. Check it out at http://shapoka.blogspot.com - the link to Jen's Art Blog. She is taking it on "The Rock Boat" cruise this Thursday and plans to have the participating bands sign the back. She "painted" the guitar with crepe paper collage and created the details with permanent marker. The final result is so cool. The hours she put into this are too many to count. The look of pride on her face was priceless.

Since soup was the theme of the day. Mike and I decided dinner at Sweet Tomatoes with our BOGO coupon was a great choice. The Albondigas Locas Soup and Split Pea and Barley Soup were both delicious. I still think Sweet Tomatoes does one of the best marketing jobs around for an inexpensive dining restaurant chain. As I have mentioned many times before, you really should sign up for Club Veg at their site - www.souplantation.com. Coupons will be e-mailed to you several times a month. With the BOGO coupon, two can dine out for dinner for $15.38. The soups, breads and dressings are all made from scratch. Tonight I discovered their site includes complete nutritional information...great for diet resolutions.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: