Friday, January 22, 2010

Super Powers - Day 170

This morning I woke up with an angry salesperson hangover. I cannot seem to let it go. I even named my new Daily Sales Call Reports - "Diary of a Pissed Off Salesperson". Anger, frustration and grumpiness are feelings I do NOT embrace. I am more of a Pollyanna Positive, hugs and kisses kind of girl.

As I dressed this morning, I reached for another one of my most prized possessions...an antique cloisonne pendant given to me by my grandmother. This pendant holds amazing super powers. When I wear it I feel strong, powerful and able to solve problems with a single bound. Seriously, it is a symbol of all that is good and gives me a happy heart.

OK, I admit it. I am becoming a Brio Tuscan Tasters addict. When Mike asked me where I wanted to go for dinner. Brio was my first choice...even though I just visited the restaurant on Wednesday. We met at 5:15 and immediately began to pig out on Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant, a Brio Burger and Carpaccio...all $2.95 each. As if that weren't enough, I ordered my favorite mini dessert - Caramel Creme Brulee, also $2.95. Mike ordered the Chocolate Caramel Layer Cake. Everything was awesome as usual, especially Mike's cake. The frosting was amazing. I have to try to find the recipe online. Brio's Tuscan Tasters menu is a cash starved foodie's dream.

A day that began with angry sourness, ended with happy sweetness. The pendant worked its super power magic.

Many hugs and visits to Brio,

Kathy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay - I'm searching the internet myself tonight, and hit upon your comments regarding Brio's chocolate caramel layer cake...ate there last night, and asked the waiter about the cake. He said it came from a bakery in Ohio (Columbus, OH, I believe). Went searching tonight for bakeries in Columbus Ohio, and eventually ended up reading your blog from January 22. Any luck with a recipe? Heck, I'd even be happy ordering from the bakery once in awhile if I could locate it!! I might have to make another trip to Brio and quiz the wait staff again. HELP?!

Cash Starved Foodie said...

Larry, I have been preoccupied with a hellish project all week, but will do the research in the next couple of days and post the results. Thanks for reading my ramblings.