Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Night Fish Fry - Day 172

My work day moved slower than molasses. I think everyone must have been home watching the NFL Playoffs. I followed the score of the Colts/Jets on my IPhone to pass the time. Thank goodness the Colts won because the Super Bowl would be unwatchable if the Jets had made it. Mike hates the Jets and I would have been all alone with my Super Bowl snacks. After work I met Sandy for a quick walk around Crane's Roost. The route is only about a mile, but at least it is something. Sandy continued for another lap, but the fresh cod waiting to be fried was calling and I excused myself.

When I got home I cut some leftover Yukon gold potatoes in wedges, tossed with olive oil, fresh rosemary and salt and pepper. Then I popped it in the oven at 400 F for 40 minutes. While the potatoes roasted, I prepped the fresh cod I bought at Costco yesterday. I followed a recipe in David and Sheri's cookbook for Beer Battered Fish. One cup all purpose flour was mixed with one cup of beer to create the batter. I cut the fish into 4 x 1 1/2 inch strips, seasoned with salt and pepper and then coated with the batter. I fried it in small batches until golden brown, seasoned with salt and drained on paper towels. The fish and chips were accompanied by a cucumber and tomato salad and a tiny slice of flourless chocolate cake. It was all worth the revenge my tummy will torture me with tonight.

Many hugs and Tums,

Kathy

No comments: