Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time Alone - Day 153

Tonight I was home alone and kind of enjoyed it. I heated up leftover whole wheat spaghetti with Italian sausage, made a salad, poured a glass of wine, lit a log in the fireplace and plopped down on the couch with a food tray in my lap to watch Food Network. I watched the end of Paula Deen and an entire episode of Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Rachel Ray is so overexposed that she kind of irritates me, but the low fat meal she was making sounded pretty good. She took sea bass and baked it in parchment with green onions, shitake mushrooms, fresh ginger slices and fresh garlic slices. I tend to overcook fish when I prepare on the stove top, so I thought this may be a great way to preserve the moisture and control the fat. She served it with a lemon chive pasta that also looked good. I am sure both recipes are posted on the foodnetwork.com. I may try this over the weekend and will post the recipes if they are post-worthy.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: