Sunday, January 17, 2010

Karen Is Right - Day 165

This morning had a promising beginning with a little more skeedaddling and less loafing than the day before. I actually got out of bed before 9:00, showered, dressed and ate a bowl of freshly made David's Toasty Granola. I was worried that the toastiness would actually overpower the taste, but it held its own with the milk and fresh blueberries. I think the toasty taste would be great in a cookie. Hmmmm...I may have to work on that.

The lack of attention to my original HeartSong Cookies blog is getting the best of me. This morning I finally posted a promise of a heart healthy cookie.

In the few minutes left before work I actually packed up the last of my Christmas serving pieces. Yay...something finally was crossed off my gargantuan to do list! I felt rejuvenated and ready to sit on my butt for five hours at Costco.

Tonight's dinner was a salmon club sandwich made from the leftover salmon, bacon, shredded lettuce and dill mayo on toasted whole wheat artisan bread served with a bowl of crab corn chowder. OK Karen, I am getting kind of tired of saying you are right...but you are. I had fun making dinner at home and maximizing the leftovers.

Many hugs and dinners at home,

Kathy

No comments: