Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skeedaddling - Day 162

The word of the day is Skeedaddle. I have no idea what the Webster's definition is, but the Kathy definition is "to move quickly (with a smile on your face)". How could you not smile after saying Skeedaddle?

This morning after much frustration, aggravation, no skeedaddling and almost seven years, I finally changed the name on my checking account to my "new" married name. Yahoo...another long overdue step forward.

Today is Kat's birthday. And I took great pleasure in harassing my friend and co-worker all day with a Hoops and YoYo card, birthday serenade and e-mails and calls from many of our clients. She genuinely seemed to like the birthday clothes I gave her yesterday and even wore them today. Kat's wardrobe is almost devoid of color. She favors, black, brown, gray and cream. The teal cami looked quite nice, but took her a little out of her comfort zone. Kat loves hot sauce. To try to talk her into more color, I told her color accents could be the hot sauce to her wardrobe...a nice spicy touch.

My plans to mall skeedaddle again tonight with Sandy were squashed with an invitation from Chris, Tom and Susan for dinner at Seasons 52. This was an offer I couldn't refuse. I LOVE Seasons 52 and have not dined there in quite a while due to cash depravity.

Dinner was fun with great conversation and good food. It was easy to keep to the week's heart health theme at Seasons 52. All their menu items are under 475 calories. I ordered a bowl of Shrimp and Crab Cioppino Soup, a Mixed Green Salad and Pecan Pie Mini Indulgence for dessert. Tom ordered a bottle of Schug Pinot Noir wine from Sonoma County for the table. Everything was delicious. I savored this time spent with my good friends before skedaddling home to walk Maddie and blog.

Tip: The electronic billboards on I-4 grabbed my attention with an ad for 50% off any entree at TGIFridays. Text 50 to 698-443 to receive a text message on your phone with the offer. Present the offer to your server when you order to receive the discount.

Good night...got to skeedaddle off to sleep.

Many hugs,

Kathy

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hey there Skeedaddle girl. Happy Birthday capricorn. happy eating. Keri (a.k.a. Sam)