Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sushi with Friends - Day 154

I have been looking forward to tonight all week and it finally came. My friend Carolyn and her mom invited me to dinner at Seito Sushi in Baldwin Park. Carolyn's mother is from Japan and I love spending time with her and Carolyn. They both have a relaxed calmness that is a refreshing change from my daily craziness.

Seito recently expanded and has a very contemporary, yet comfortable decor. The menu is diverse with many options. Since it was chilly I ordered Udon Noodle Soup with Tempura. Carolyn got a Bento Box with Spicy Pork and Teriyaki Salmon. Carolyn's mom ordered a deluxe sushi platter. Then we all shared. Or should I say...they shared with me. We talked and laughed and feasted. And when I was driving home, it hit me again. I am the richest person around. I have been blessed with wonderful people in my life.

Many hugs and nights like tonight,

Kathy

No comments: