Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Defrost - Day 167

For some odd reason I feel like 2010 is meant for reaching out to others. So many of my friends and family are having personal challenges due to our crazy economy. They are either unemployed, in fear of unemployment, trapped in a job they hate or simply lost. They are so depressed...they are frozen. Unable to move. Unable to stick their big toe outside their comfort zone where personal growth happens. They are desperate to find the one thing that makes their heart sing.

My friends and family always tease me about my overwhelming need to "fix" people. I know in my heart I cannot "fix" anyone. Hell, most of the time I have challenges fixing myself. But I do think I can be part of the "defrosting" process. I can be a sounding board for venting frustration. I can listen. I can offer suggestions. I can nudge. I can butt kick. I can channel the "Power of Good" to help them find their way out of the frozen abyss.

Yes, that nagging "Power of Good" keeps haunting me. I think this is what I am meant to do in 2010 and I plan to start my mission immediately.

Well enough with the philosophizing and back to food. Karen, you were right again. I got another meal out of the leftover salmon. I flaked the last two salmon fillets into a bowl, mixed it with leftover dill mayo and onion for a really tasty salmon salad on toasted wheat bread. Very yummy! That makes three meals and counting from one large piece of salmon.

Many hugs and singing hearts,

Kathy

No comments: