Thursday, April 22, 2010

Aquiglorious - Day 260

This morning I spotted a bumper sticker that made me smile..."Wag More, Bark Less." I decided to adopt it as the theme of the day. While I haven't spent much time barking recently, I have spent far too much time moping around like a mournful hound dog. Wagging my tail like Maddie does when she sees Mike walk through the door seems like a lot more fun.

What a glorious day to be on this earth. Happy Earth Day! Tail wag!!!!

This afternoon I picked up my friend Carolyn for a road trip adventure to Gainesville for my friend Margaret's book signing. Margaret is an environmentalist and an incredible artist. Her book, Aquiferious is filled with her beautiful paintings of the Florida springs so dear to her heart. I cannot think of a better way to spend Earth Day than sitting outside in the cool early evening air listening to a panel discussion about the precarious state of the Florida aquifer. It was sobering, educational and beautiful all in one. I was extremely proud to be a small part of production of this book. Seeing all the people stand in line with books in hand for Margaret and her collaborators to sign did my heart good. Carolyn was the perfect person to share this experience with. I think she enjoyed it as much as I did. The evening was truly tail wagging good. It was Aquiglorious!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: