Sunday, April 25, 2010

Coupon Weekend Expired - Day 263

Eating out with coupons was the theme of the weekend. Mike and I continued our dining out streak with a BOGO breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes before work. Sunday morning is one of the best times to visit Sweet Tomatoes...very few people, especially screaming kids. It is like they put the feeding trough out just for me. Along with a limited selection of the usual salads and soups, they add scrambled eggs, skillet potatoes, tortillas, sunrise breakfast pasta, French toast, oatmeal and breakfast pizza. I think soup is the thing Sweet Tomatoes does best. This morning I tried something new - a Spicy Navajo Vegetable Soup. It was yummy! A tomato base filled with corn, beans, peppers, onions and cubes of sweet potatoes.

Today I gained a new title..."Wine Chick." One of the regional Costco managers stopped by my demo area and asked if I was the "Wine Chick?" Why yes...I guess I am! My "Wine Chick" duties today included sangria recipe consulting, answering numerous questions about why Costco doesn't offer wine tastings, wine display stocking, box recycling and just about anything I could think of to pass the time. I even became a cheese consultant for a customer's wine pairing.

After work Mike and I decided to eat in for a change. With cell phone in hand, I took Mike on a virtual tour of dinner choices from Costco. He selected Lobster Ravioli and a salad. I improvised a herb cheese cream sauce to drizzle over the pasta. It was rich, but delicious in a small serving. We spent the evening as the ultimate couch potatoes watching numerous House Hunters and back to back Holmes on Homes...our favorite HGTV show. It was heavenly to sit and do absolutely nothing for a change.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments: